Sunday, September 28, 2008

Thing #1

There are actually two lifelong learning habits that I find easy to do. The first one is to use technology to my advantage when I am attempting to learn something new. I am always looking on the internet for the information I need to use. The other habit is accepting responsibility for my own learning. I have always looked for learning opportunities and when I have decided on a course of learning I have always made sure that I know what to do, when to do it, and what I needed to accomplish it.

I think the hardest habit for me is viewing problems as challenges. Although I have always believed that what does not kill you makes you stronger, I usually go into "how to handle/solve this problem" mode whenever problems arise. I am too busy trying to solve the problem to see how I can learn from it. Occasionally, however, I will look back on something and go "Oh, that is why that happened when it did."

What I would like to learn from using the Web 2.0 tools is how to better interact with students in order to assist their learning experiences. Although, I must admit, that I would never have used a blog if it was not part of an assignment. I have always felt that it put too much of yourself out there for people to look at. (I am a very private person.)

No comments: