Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Thing # 10

Newsreaders makes looking at a lot of different sites a lot easier, although I like going to the actual sites not just to read the stories but also to see what else the site has to offer. I think I would use the newsreader only if I did not have time to look at everything. I chose to use the Google Reader because I liked the way it was laid out. I do like the fact that you can easily see when a blog has been updated because if you have a lot of blogs you like to look at or keep up with, having them all in one spot would be very convenient. I think I could use this in a classroom as a way to have students interact with each other by being able to see when their classmates have updated their blogs. I may use the ability to have news sites on the reader for a current events class I am teaching. It would be a good way to make sure students have a wide variety topics to discuss as well as ensuring that they were able to find stories that would interest them.

No comments: