Sunday, September 28, 2008

Thing # 4

Commenting on blogs creates a community simply because you have people who come together in order to discuss a common interest. Whether one agrees with what a blog states or not, if you leave a comment, then you have become a pert of that community and added a bit of yourself to that blog. Leaving comments not only enables you to interact with people who are outside of your immediate community. The beauty of the Internet is that it is a worldwide phenomenon which means that you are able to share ideas and opinions with people in other countries as well as someone who lives down the street. To me this is what makes a blog become a community.

I have left comments on my classmates blogs, which are listed below. I chose to comment on them because something about them caught my eye or intrigued me.

1. Joseph Hall
2. Kristan Bland
3. David Abbott
4. Sara Kim
5. Lorrie Anne Cooksey

I have not commented on outside blogs yet. I will update when I have.

October 5: I found a blog (bookchase.blogspot.com) that was reporting on a firebombing of a London Publisher by someone attempting to prevent the publication of the book The Jewel of Medina. I commented on this story because I feel strongly about everyone being able to express their opinions without fear.

No comments: