Sunday, October 5, 2008

Thing # 14

I chose to explore Mindmeister.com and Gliffy.com. I really liked using Mindmeister to create a mind map. It was fun to begin with one idea and think about what was related to it. I believe students would love using this to possibly review test material or map out ideas for a paper. To me it was a little confusing at first trying to figure out how to actually make the map, but once I had figured out the tools it was very easy. I chose to use Gliffy for my flowchart and I thought that it was very easy and straightforward to use. I do not see me using this in a classroom setting very much as what I do with students does not really lend itself to a flowchart. Although, if the opportunity does present itself, I will definitely use Gliffy in the future. I personally enjoy making mind maps over flowcharts, so I will probably use them more in classes with students.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

hi sharley,

thanks for sharing your experience of gliffy. we would love your specific feedback about what changes gliffy could make to be more classroom friendly.
best,
debik at gliffy dot com