Saturday, October 11, 2008

Thing # 20

I really love some of the videos on YouTube. There is a wide variety of videos to choose from, including clips from old cartoon shows, music videos, and instructional videos. No matter what you are looking for you will probably find it on YouTube. Actually, that is a positive and a negative. You can find ANYTHING on YouTube; even items you do not want to see. Even typing in simple search terms can bring up items that would definitely be inappropriate for students. I think it would be an interesting project for students to create their own videos for a class or as a project and share them within their school community via a site like YouTube. Students would be very excited to learn the information if they knew they would be presenting it in such a unique manner, especially if they were involved in all aspects of production. From YouTube I chose a video about origami because it is one of my favorite past times, although I am just an amateur compared with whomever shot this video. Also, I liked the music that went with it. :)

No comments: