Sunday, October 12, 2008

Thing # 22

I liked both the Educational Podcast Network and the Podcast Directory. I liked the EPN because I thought it was a good way to find educational podcasts for use with students and it had podcasts divided into grade levels. I liked the Podcast Directory because you could either search for a topic or browse by category which makes it easy to use. I listened to The Roaring 20's Podcast Pt. 1. This podcast was done by an English class as a semester project. It covered facts about the 1920's as well as dramatizing the novel The Great Gatsby. I chose to listen to this podcast because I thought the topic was interesting and because it had been done by students.
I can see students putting together a podcast very easily. I think this is a great way to have students not only learn how to communicate using a broadcast media, but also a way to get students who may not normally want to read or research interested enough to complete an assignment. I found a lot of podcasts that I would like to listen to, but I have not found one that I am ready to subscribe and listen to on a regular basis.

No comments: